A dental implant is an effective solution for a missing tooth. It looks, feels, and chews just like a natural one. With good oral hygiene, it is considered a lifetime restoration for most patients. The alternatives to dental implants are bridges and dentures, but these solutions don't work for everyone. Among the benefits of dental implants over alternative treatments like bridges and dentures are:
- No messy denture adhesives needed
- Eating the foods that you love and enjoy
- A high success rate
- More durable and long-lasting than many other aesthetic restorations
- Protection of surrounding, healthy teeth
- Your own bone provides a strong, stable base
- Avoiding the movement and realignment of surrounding teeth
- Preventing substantial bone loss
- No special care or attention required
Many patients consider replacing a missing tooth for a variety of reasons. The first is for cosmetic appearance. If a patient is missing a tooth, they may feel embarrassed or self-conscious about the way they look when they smile, which can affect their confidence and overall self-esteem. In addition, dental implants help to prevent bone loss, and encourage improved chewing efficiency compared to a bridge or denture.
One of the primary benefits of dental implants is their ability to act as a natural tooth. A dental implant is essentially a titanium rod that is implanted into the bone underneath the gums. After osseointegration has taken place, the dental implant will be tightly seated into the existing bone structure. A full crown is then placed over the top of the implant in order to give the appearance of a natural tooth in its place. Dental implants may also be used to anchor dentures for improved stability and chewing function.
Dental implants can easily be considered a life-changing restoration. Contact The Denture and Implant Clinic today to learn more about how dental implants can be a positive change to your mouth--and to your lifestyle!
After almost a lifetime of dodgy teeth, especially my lower ones, I decide after much research to have some implants on my lower jaw. The whole process was daunting, but everything has been explained well – which put my mind at ease. All the staff has been excellent and although my case was complex it all went very well. I am very pleased with my new teeth and quite believe how good they look. Thanks!
~ Fred Rayner
- A Lifetime Restoration For Missing Teeth Carshalton Beeches - Finding a dentist in the Carshalton Beeches area for a lifetime restoration for missing teeth
- Implants Dentistry in Surrey - How Dental Implants can be used?
- Dental Implants Procedure Sutton - What are Dental Implants Used For?
- Dental Implants in Sutton - What are the benefits of dental implants in Sutton?