The loss of natural teeth is an occurrence that leaves patients with a variety of choices when it comes to replacing them. Many patients are confused about which option they should choose. Each option has its benefits. Solutions for missing teeth include dentures, bridges, and dental implants. Implant treatment is one of the highly recommended solutions for patients in the Epsom area seeking replacement of an adult tooth. There are many reasons this choice is best.
The benefits of placing dental implants include:
- Versatility: dental implants can be used in a number of situations and are versatile for dentists.
- Strength: a dental implant uses the bone of the jaw for strength and stability, ensuring it stays in place and provides excellent functionality.
- Beauty: a dental implant, when covered with a quality dental crown, looks just like a natural tooth.
- Longevity: dental implants are known to last a lifetime with proper care.
- Affordability: while dental implants cost more than alternatives such as dentures and bridges upfront, they hold their value better due to their ability to last decades longer than the rest.
Dr. Suril Amin and his team of dedicated professionals believe that patients should consider dental implants whenever possible due to the number of advantages they have over the other options available. However, individuals who are considering dental implants should have sufficient bone structure. If a healthy amount of bone is not present, procedures such as bone grafting may be performed to build up the bone and get the jaw ready for the placement of a dental implant in the future.
The process can take several months as osseointegration needs to occur. This is the growth of the bone around the implant itself. This is where the dental implant gets its strength and stability. Dr. Suril Amin and his team use precision devices to ensure implants are placed precisely where they need to be to succeed, reducing the risk of future problems.
Epsom area patients are welcome to book an appointment with the team of The Denture and Implant Clinic today by calling [phone]. Our front office staff will happily assist new and existing patients in scheduling their visit and discussing the advantages dental implants have over other tooth replacement options.