If you are missing teeth, it’s important to find a solution. Without a full set of teeth, your oral health could be in jeopardy. Dental implants have become a popular way to restore missing teeth because they preserve bone integrity and gum health. If you’ve lost teeth, whether it’s due to decay or injury, you can contact The Denture & Implant Clinic to learn more about dental implants.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a permanent solution to missing teeth. The artificial tooth roots are placed into the jawbone and left to heal during a period known as osseointegration. This period of up to six months is crucial, because it allows the bone to fuse with the implant for optimal support. Patients will be fitted with temporary restorations during this time.
Once the healing process is completed, an abutment will be attached to the implant, followed by a restoration such as a crown or denture.
Dental implants are not one-size fits all
When it comes to choosing dental implants, it’s important to find a provider who is trained and experienced. Our team has spent decades providing dental implants. Dental implants can be used to correct a variety of issues:
- With a dental crown to replace a single missing tooth
- With a dental bridge to replace several missing teeth
- With a denture to replace an entire arch of teeth
Why choose dental implants?
The dental implant procedure gives patients back the full functionality of the teeth along with restoring the beauty of the smile. Unlike traditional dentures which stay in place with suction and adhesive, dental implants become part of your mouth for a natural look and feel.
Major advantages of dental implants
- Fully restores chewing ability. Because the implant replaces the tooth root, the restoration makes biting and chewing easy, so you can enjoy your favorite foods.
- Improves confidence. Missing teeth can impact confidence and self-esteem. Having a smile you are proud of dramatically improves confidence.
- Restores your appearance. Missing teeth can impact the shape of your face, making you appear much older. With implants, you regain a more youthful appearance and facial contours.
- Improves your health. When missing teeth aren’t replaced it can impact nearby healthy teeth, potentially causing them to shift out of place. By replacing the missing teeth, you ensure any remaining natural teeth aren’t impacted negatively.
- Easy to care for. Caring for your dental implants is the same as caring for natural teeth. All you need to do is brush and floss every day and maintain twice yearly dental check-ups.
- Permanent. Dental implants are the only restorations that are designed to last a lifetime. Once implants are in place, you do not need to worry about replacing them ten years down the road.
If you are missing teeth, it’s important to seek treatment as soon as possible to prevent further damage to the mouth. Call The Denture & Implant Clinic today at 020 8629 1226 to schedule a consultation for dental implants.