Tooth loss is a common but stressful condition. When an individual experiences the loss of his or her teeth, there can be significant health consequences. Lack of confidence or self-esteem certainly affects emotional health and wellness, however, impaired oral function may also result in poor nutrition, and changes to a person's bite may further cause headaches or joint discomfort. Without the tooth root to provide stimulation, the jawbone in that area can cease regeneration and begin to resorb.
If the bone density diminishes, eventually a patient's cheeks and face may appear to sink in, followed by decreased facial support, loss of chin and jaw contours, and sagging lips and mouth.
There are many options today for patients who wish to restore smiles that have been negatively impacted by missing teeth, including full and partial dentures, fixed partial bridges, and dental implants.
At The Denture and Implant Clinic, serving patients from Surrey, Sutton, Purley, and surrounding communities, Dr. Suril Amin, Dr. Justin Stewart, Dr. Johann Styger, and our professional team offer advanced treatment options such as three dimensional (3D) dentures for total tooth loss, implant-secured bridges to replace several teeth, implant-retained dentures to replace an entire arch of teeth, or dental implants to replace one or more teeth.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are permanent restorations that replace not only the visible part of the tooth, but also the root. The artificial root provides stimulation of the bone, preventing bone loss and maintaining a strong foundation that keeps healthy teeth in place.
Am I a candidate for dental implants?
Patients who are in relatively good health and who have sufficient jaw bone density may be candidates for dental implant treatment. A comprehensive consultation with one of our doctors would determine the most appropriate treatment for each patient.
For more information about dental implants, dentures, and tooth loss treatment, contact the team at The Denture and Implant Clinic today at 01733514610. Our office is open five days per week with weekend hours by appointment and is conveniently located in Surrey at 42 & 46 Banstead Road, Carshalton Beeches.
Back To Home Page
- Dental Implants Purley Sutton - Purley patient asks, "What are dental implants?"
- Implant Dentist Surrey - Sutton patients should consider three key factors when seeking an implant dentist
- Implant Treatment Sutton - Sutton patient asks, "What can I expect with dental implant treatment?"
- Denture Services in Carshalton Beeches Surrey - Denture services available in the Carshalton Beeches, Surrey area
- SM5 3NW Dentist - Why should patients in the SM5 3NW area choose Dr. Justin Stewart as their dentist?
- Partial Dentures in Carshalton - Dentist in Carshalton area describes partial dentures
- Custom Complete Dentures Sutton - Can Sutton area patients get custom complete dentures?
- Dentist in the SM5 3NW area - The importance of tooth restoration from a dentist in the SM5 3NW area
- Dentist Near Carshalton Beeches, Surrey - Proper denture maintenance from a dentist near Carshalton Beeches, Surrey