A partial denture is made with a plastic base or metal framework which supports one or more teeth in the same arch (upper or lower). It is carefully crafted with clasps and rests that hold it in place with the support of surrounding natural teeth. In some cases a partial denture is a temporary tooth replacement solution, while the doctor and patient determine if a fixed dental bridge or dental implants might be better in the long-term. Some patients, though, are not good candidates for those options or simply prefer a removable partial.
The Denture Clinic team prides themselves on providing patients in Sutton and the surrounding areas with partial dentures that fit comfortably, look terrific, and wear well. However, good hygiene is critical to maintaining a healthy, attractive smile, especially with a partial denture.
Our equal balance system creates partial dentures that minimize stress on existing teeth and are virtually undetectable. Most patients wear them throughout the day and night, removing the denture only for cleaning. We recommend this method:
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Carefully remove your partial as instructed by the dentist.
- Soak it in a clean container of fresh water with an effervescent denture cleaning tablet.
- While it is soaking, brush and floss your natural teeth as usual.
- When the fizzing has stopped, remove the denture. Holding it over a fresh towel brush it with the cleaning solution and a soft toothbrush made just for dentures. Do not use toothpaste or a regular toothbrush – they are too abrasive and may damage your partial.
- Rinse the denture in tap water and replace it in your mouth.
- Dispose of the solution – do not reuse it.
Caring for your partial in this manner helps to remove stains and plaque, and gets rid of odour-causing bacteria. That contributes to pleasantly fresh breath and overall good dental wellness.
The Denture Clinic Team cares about your oral health, and we are here to help. If you’d like a demonstration on how to clean partial dentures, simply stop by our office at Banstead Road, Carshalton Beeches in Surrey or give us a call at [phone] to make an appointment.
Back To Partial Dentures Home Page